If you’re a landlord with one or more properties in the American Bottoms service area, and you’re concerned about your tenants’ bills, you may want to consider the following.
- Request a consolidated monthly report which shows the activity on each of your properties
- Put the bill in your name and collect additional rent
- Call Customer Accounts (618) 337-9000 for payment statuses
- Request water shutoff – provided the account meets the necessary criteria
- Take action when you receive an owner notification bill – these are mailed to you when one of your tenant’s bills becomes delinquent
- Call Customer Accounts (618) 337-9000 with forwarding addresses and social security numbers of prior tenants who have left unpaid balances
Please keep in mind, unpaid bills are serious issues for both of us and may result in a lien against your property. Taking corrective action early is in your best interest.